Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend


Thanksgiving afternoon was spent at the in-laws home.  It didn't seem like a normal Thanksgiving day though.  I have been sick and was feeling particularly poorly yesterday.  I ate some mashed potatoes and some green bean casserole (my contribution to the meal) but couldn't really taste anything due to all the cough drops.  It was still a very nice visit with that side of my family.  It is nice to spend an afternoon with everyone. 
Today I got up and went to my chiropractor, took Charlie out for breakfast and then came back home and took a nap.  I finally got up some energy and made some zucchini bread this afternoon.  This was from some zucchini I had shredded and frozen from this summer.  It is my grandma's recipe and the first time I've tried making it.  At the same time Charlie decided he wanted some peanut butter blossom cookies.  He found a recipe, ran to the store and got his supplies, and made them (almost by himself).  I'm really quite impressed.  Now he is making his own dinner.  I should be sick more often I guess : )
Tomorrow I have to work.  I'm hoping I will feel better tomorrow.  We'd like to go see "Australia" in the theatre on Sunday.  

No comments: