Friday, July 17, 2009

Down on the Farm

This week I had a vacation from work.  It was a nice break but it flew by quickly!  On Tuesday I headed over to Grand Rapids to visit my family and friends.  I was able to spend time with my friend D. talking and watching a movie.  It was very good to see my family -- as always.  And I also spent some time at the Quiggle Farm.  It is a farm that my good friends are living on this summer.  It is an interesting place with two families (6 kids) and many visitors (some with even more kids).  Let me introduce you:
This is Rich...

and Jen...
Lily...

Rosie...and Daisy (in this photo she had been playing in a tub of water - helping to wash the dishes, but decided to wash herself also).

Here are Foxy and Sunday, the newest additions to the farm.


Here is Brian and Jenna's newest addition to their family.  Isn't she just the sweetest?

Also residing on the farm are chickens and turkeys...

And sheep.
Things can get a little crazy on the farm with some many people and critters (and mosquitos) around, but they are doing amazing things on the farm.  They are working on self sufficiency and living simply.  They are a community of like-minded people -- and I happen to share their beliefs as well.  I guess that kinda makes me a part of their community -- and that is a good feeling.  Thanks guys, I had fun!  I can't wait to come back and visit again!

No comments: