Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunrise, sunset

Things have been busy lately and I'm afraid I have fallen behind on my blogging.  I apologize to anyone who noticed (I'm not sure how many actually read this blog - I don't get very many comments).
Charlie and I have been busy trying to buy the house that I told you about.  We placed an offer, they countered, we countered back and they signed the agreement.  Everything sounds great, right?  Well, actually, the whole offer hinges on whether or not the seller can provide us with info on where the septic drain field is at.  At one time the seller sold off most of the acreage to a farmer -- and we are afraid that the drain field is on that property.  The seller seems to think it doesn't matter -- but it could cause huge problems.  We are hoping things work out, and that maybe they ran the septic to the front or back yard.  Keep your fingers crossed for us.
Outside of trying to buy a home, I have been working a lot still.  Last week was another 58 hour week (today is my only day off to take care of laundry, bills, etc.).  The paycheck should be nice, but once again my summer is just flying by.
My garden is getting out of control again.  I did really well with weeding earlier this summer, but in just one week it has gotten away from me.  The tomato plants are HUGE but still no ripe tomatoes.  I grew garden huckleberry this year and had no idea how big those plants would get.  I'll try to blog more about them later - they are interesting.  Oh, and my zucchini are going crazy!  I keep giving them away but they keep putting out more.
Anyway, this is a photo I took one morning before work...

And this one was an experiment to see if my camera could capture a lightning bug at sunset.  It worked, but I would have liked a longer exposure to catch more of them on the same image.
I am hoping that the next time I post a blog, the seller of our dream home will have good news for us (if he can figure out where to get the info about the drain field - it seems pretty easy to me).  I have next Friday off and that would be a perfect time to have inspections done.  I'm praying for a miracle here -- feel free to send out a prayer for us as well - we will take all the help we can get.

2 comments:

rvanmc said...

Naomi and I read your blog and enjoy it. She's following with interest your home search. So different from San Francisco.

I have Hannah's two with me this week. A big change, but so much fun.

Shari said...

I'm glad you follow my blog. It is so easy to keep you up to date with what is going on here in Michigan. I'll bet our home search is MUCH different than buying a home in San Francisco. I wouldn't be able to afford to live out of anything other than our van in San Francisco. :)
Have fun with the kids!