Friday, December 11, 2009

Snowy trip

Wednesday night Mom called me to let me know that my Dad was in the hospital again -- he was having a stroke. I am finally well enough to see him without worrying about getting him sick so I took off and went to visit. The ride over wasn't too bad, although we were getting that large winter storm that just swept the country.
Anyway, I got there around 3 am and got to see him. He was doing well considering what he had just been through. I spent some time there then went to my parents house for a quick nap and to grab some clothes for Mom. I only had my cell phone, but took a couple quick photos before leaving. This is a photo of Peggy Sue (who refused to let me sleep while I was there) and some flowers that were sent by the Gaither's (Dad does some work for the Gaither Vocal Band). I thought they were a lovely arrangement.


I also wanted to show a photo of their large pines in the back yard with all the snow on them. These trees are huge!
Anyway, I went back to the hospital with coffee and bagels for Mom and I. I was able to spend the day with her while they put Dad through a variety of tests. At this point, he is doing well for someone who had a stroke of that magnitude. The stroke hit his left side, but he didn't lose his strength on that side. He is fine mentally and can speak clearly. He is only having a little loss of feeling and perception on his left side, which should be helped with therapy.
Please keep him in your prayers so things can return to normal for him as soon as possible.

The last photo is from my trip home yesterday. I didn't want to leave, but I have to work today. They were having blizzard conditions all day yesterday so I just white-knuckled it all the way to Grand Rapids and back. I'd like to go back this weekend, perhaps tonight after work...



1 comment:

Denise said...

Glad to hear your dad is doing all right. Take care on those roads though.