Sunday, March 14, 2010

Looking forward

I have been working on deciding what I will be ordering to plant in our yard this year.  My will be ordering asparagus, rhubarb, blueberries, plums, and paw paw for sure.  I'm also considering a few other berry plants but don't want to overdo it this year.  I am also going to have a basic veggie garden this year -- but nothing too ambitious.  I need to work on other projects this year rather than being stuck in the garden every waking moment.
Tomorrow I will have an extra hour to my day.  We are going down to 9 hour days instead of 10 at work.  I think that one hour will really help me get stuff done around the house.  I am really looking forward to it.
I'm also looking forward to getting our tax return check.  We got the first time home buyer credit so we are going to get a nice chunk of change.  We are going to pay off some credit card debt and also purchase a lawn tractor.  I'm excited about paying off the cards -- Charlie seems excited about the lawn mower.
I am also looking forward to embarking on a diet change tomorrow.  A friend at work and I are gonna try to support each other in the process.  We are doing a primarily raw food diet for a while.  She had heard me talking about it (I've been thinking about this for a while) and decided she wanted to try it as well.  I've done it before -- years ago.  It can be difficult to eat primarily raw food -- especially in our culture.  The summer that I ate raw, I felt really good and I lost some weight.  I went to Meijer tonight and bought plenty of fruits and veggies so that I am prepared.
So that is my life right now.  I can't wait until it gets warm and stays warm.  I can't wait to start growing stuff again.  I can't wait to feel healthier and have more energy.

No comments: