Sunday, May 16, 2010

What's new?

I am feeling the need to leave a blog post just because I haven't done one for a while.  It's not that I don't have anything to blog about, I just don't feel like I have much time.  We have a bunch of projects going on that are half completed that I wanted to blog about when they are done.
Spring is progressing nicely here although the weather has been a little peculiar this year.  The weather has been all wrong for morel mushrooms.  Apparently it has been right for tent caterpillars though.  We have a multitude of them and they are driving me over the edge.  I am plotting ways to kill them (usually I leave other creatures alone).  I wish I just had a bunch of free ranging chickens or even a pair of guinea fowl to munch on them.
Charlie and I are working on building some raised bed gardens this year.  We have the lumber and have it cut -- we just have to get it all assembled.  We also are making a "salad garden" for the back patio that is also in the works.  We bought a Cub Cadet tractor last weekend and finally mowed the lawn (looking for a small mower or a weed whacker to take care of the small areas the riding mower can't reach).
I saw a new bird at our feeder this morning.  It is a Rose-breasted Grosbeak.  Recently we have also been getting Blue Jays, Nuthatches, and Gold Finches.
This weekend my good friends, Rich and Jen came over from Grand Rapids.  We went out to eat at the Frankenmuth Brewery and went to a few stores as well.  Mostly, we have just been sitting around enjoying each other's company.
Once I get a project complete, I will blog more.  Until then, I hope you are enjoying your Spring.

No comments: