Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Zucchini bread

It has been a long time since my last post.  I am sorry about that.  I just got back from vacation in Minnesota, Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  I have a couple of photos that I hope to post soon.  For now, I wanted to get this post completed.  I made zucchini bread and wanted to give out the recipe.  


3 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups zucchini - grated (and peeled if you like) -- squeeze off excess juice
1 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
optional - 1 cup nuts (I don't use the nuts myself)

Beat eggs.  Add next four ingredients and mix well.  Add dry ingredients and mix completely.  Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees.  Makes 2 loaves.



This recipe has been widely used by my family.  Zucchini bread is definitely a childhood favorite of mine.  
Whenever I have an over abundance of zucchini in my garden, I grate it up and freeze it in 2 cup portions.  That way I can have zucchini bread all year long.  Yum!

No comments: