Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fulton St. Farmers Market -- Grand Rapids, Michigan

Last weekend I went to Grand Rapids to visit my family.  My mother and I went to the Fulton street farmer's market.  This is the market that sparked my love for farmer's markets and produce stands.  We've gone to this market since I was a kid (which also brings up fond memories of making strawberry freezer jam with Mom and Grandma).  My best friends Jen and Rich and I even set up a stall once to sell our tie-dyed/hemp goods.  Now with the economy the way it has been lately, combined with the locavore movement and a yearning for a sense of community -- the market is packed!  It has artists and crafters, plants, meats/eggs/cheeses, and all of the fresh fruits and vegetables you can imagine.  I love playing with the repetition and color the displays create in my photos. 













1 comment:

Emily said...

these photos are so, so beautiful. you really captured the late-summer market scene. i feel like i could look at these in january and start crying...