Tuesday, November 16, 2010

This weather changes me


The weather has turned cold, damp and dreary in the past week.  It isn't any big surprise, really.  I mean, it IS November in Michigan.  Something happens to me around this time of the year... I change.  Nothing as dramatic as when a werewolf changes from a man to a wolf.  But to me it is as noticeable as that.
I get this intense urge to craft and create.  Even if I don't have a major project going on, I need to find some kind of creative outlet.  Unfortunately, I still have to work some crazy hours at work (it has been 2 1/2 years of overtime hours each and every week) and that makes it hard to start anything that takes any amount of time.  I have a few projects in the works right now for Christmas gifts -- but I can't tell you about it, because some of the recipients of said gifts will be reading this blog.
What about you?  Does the cooler weather trigger a crafty instinct in you?  Do you give homemade gifts at Christmas?  I love hearing what my blog readers are up to, so please comment.  Happy crafting!

3 comments:

Emily said...

yeah, i absolutely get that urge, too. once the weather turns cold it's time for indoor activities, and creative people can't possibly just sit around and not make anything, right? i'm trying to do almost all handmade xmas gifts but for some reason i can't motivate myself to get started on that and it's driving me crazy...normally by this time i have a lot made already. but i have been making good progress on a huge knitting project.

btw, i have a ton of seeds for you. sorry i've been so slow at getting them out--obviously it's not planting season so i guess it's no rush...but yeah, i haven't forgotten! i'll get around to it pretty soon.

Denise said...

I start baking actually. Not good for the waistline ;) but soooo good for the tummy.

Conny said...

Ah yes, that crafty bug has hit me too this time of year. Too bad paid work takes up so much darned time! It's difficult to sit still at work knowing there are things to be made at home.

Have a wonderful weekend.