Monday, November 29, 2010

Uncle Cheetah's


Over the weekend, I spent some time in Grand Rapids with my friends and family.  My friends and I went out to a pizza joint that had karaoke going on.  It was really good to get the old crew together.  My mother took me to a place that she knew I would love.  She was right!  
It is called Uncle Cheetah's Soup Shop -- and they have some amazing food!  You can sample any of their soups before ordering at their soup bar.  They offer about a dozen soups and they let you know which ones are vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free.  They give you a homemade roll to go with the soup as well.  Mom and I actually ordered a half a grilled cheese (on dill/onion bread with white cheddar, goat cheese and sea salt -- amazing!) to go with our soup.  The shop has a great atmosphere and they were playing music from the 20's while we were there.  I will definitely be going back.  Check it out if you live in Grand Rapids or if you are visiting.  It is across the street from the Wealthy St. theatre.

No comments: