Sunday, May 29, 2011

My hometown




This video melds just about everything I love about Grand Rapids into a humorous little music video.  I love the community of people, the art and music, all the things to do downtown, etc.  Two minutes into the video they show a group of people having a pillow fight in the area I shot photos of people ice skating in January.  At the end of the video, there is a large grassy hill -- that is where my friends had their "Plan B" Artprize installation.

Next weekend is Festival -- a yearly arts festival with numerous stages and exhibits.  Admission is free.  The food booths will blow you away (my favorite is the buddhist booth with veggie fried rice)!  It has been going on for years -- I've even been on one of those stages with my church choir, and I've had one of my pieces of photography in the juried exhibit in the art museum.  If you have never been to festival, you should check it out.  I'm going to try to go this year... hopefully.

2 comments:

Sowing Clover (Emily) said...

I haven't seen this yet! It's great! Also, you won my giveaway! Could you send your mailing address to emilyhelmus@gmail.com so I can send you my little book? Thanks!

Kaela said...

aw I miss Michigan, Sorry I happen to stumble on to your blog, and seeing Michigan. I miss it! This looks like fun!