Saturday, June 11, 2011

Exhaustion


I am so exhausted lately.  I feel so badly about not posting anything lately.  This winter I struggled to find things to blog about, and now I have so much to talk about that I don't know where to start.  I've been working the same long hours lately (57 a week average) but now I also have gardening to do in my spare time and chickens to look after too.  I'm not complaining -- those are things that give me joy -- its just that I don't have much down time to write about what is going on.
This photo is of some white bleeding heart flowers in the morning, covered in mist.  The plants in my shade garden came up nicely this year.  I'm still filling it in with more plants as I go, but it is a nice start.
I've been busy planting things and pulling weeds.  I'll be posting photos soon of the garden.
We are also trying to finish building a chicken tractor tomorrow.  We got a good start on it last weekend, and it is not optional to not finish it.  The chicks are now pullets and need to get out of that brooder box before they murder each other.
On top of work and the garden and chickens, I still have the house cleaning, bills, laundry, cooking (what cooking?  who has time for real food?) to do.  I'm about out of energy reserves and need a break.  Luckily, I have next Friday the 17th off as a vacation day.  It will be my 6th year married to the love of my life.  We don't have big plans, probably just dinner and a movie -- but a date night would be relaxing and recharging to me.  The week after that, I have Wednesday thru Friday off along with the weekend.  YES!  A five day weekend!!!  It is my Birthday treat to myself.  I am going to be 35 (gasp!  Where does time go?).  Maybe that is why I am so tired lately -- I am getting old.

1 comment:

Emily said...

beautiful photo...wow, your life is so busy. 57 hours a week? i only work 15 and that seems like a lot to me. congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!