Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sassafras

I don't think I've ever really introduced Sassafras in this blog.  She is my beautiful blue eyed siamese mix cat.  She is 7 years old - give or take.  She is the only indoor cat I have.  She is a chunky cat - weighs over 15 pounds now.  She loves her cat nip and laying on her back in the middle of the living room.  She is terrified of strangers so most people don't ever get to see her.  I won custody of her after my first marriage failed.  Charlie sometimes pretends he doesn't like her -- but he spoils her just like I do.  
So, I came home from work on Monday and found her laying motionless on the bed.  She wouldn't purr and was breathing funny.  I was able to get her up but she was still acting very peculiar so I ended up taking her in to the emergency vet.  They checked her out and did some blood tests but the only thing that came up was elevated glucose.  I have a follow up appointment at our own vet (much cheaper than emergency care) to do some more blood work.  They think she may have diabetes.  They also said it is easy to control in cats with just a change in diet (to canned food only).  
The day after she was acting a bit better and by Wednesday you would never have known she had been acting like she was going to die - other than the patches of fur they shaved off to get the blood.  I'm just happy that it wasn't anything too serious.  

Here is another photo of that dahlia.  Sassy helped me with this photo shoot.  She made sure to get in the way and rub up against me.  She sniffed the flower and even tasted a petal or two.  She gave me her approval of the shot and then chilled out in the center of the room while I took a few photos.  

2 comments:

FlowerMomma said...

Oh, my heart! You scared me! I am so glad Sassy is ok! She is a sweet kitty, and what amazing blue eyes!

Shari said...

Oh, sorry. I should have mentioned at the beginning of the post that everything was alright. Didn't mean to scare you.