Sunday, February 27, 2011

Is winter over yet?


Ok, I don't know about anyone else, but I am done with winter.  It can stop at any time now.  
Perhaps I am just grumpy today.  I've been sick for about 2 weeks now and am tired of being exhausted all the time.  I have a long week ahead of me at work too, but it should be a good one.  
I've been training a batch of new employees and will be doing that for another month.  It is a great opportunity and I am happy they picked me to do it.  For those that don't know, I work in a call center for a major natural gas and electric provider in Michigan.  The company is great and the pay and benefits are hard to beat.  I've been in the call center for over 5 years now and am looking into opportunities to advance in the company.  This temporary training position can only help me in the long run.  
So, I've been trying to do the best job possible in this training position, but it hasn't been easy while sick. And the winter weather isn't helping.  My normal commute is 45 minutes to work each day, but the training job is even further away.  Now I drive 3 hours a day getting back and forth to work - but slippery, snowy roads increased that to 5 hours a few days last week.  Yuck!
Anyway, I do see an end in sight.  March is almost here and our high temperatures are in the mid 30s lately.  I thought I would post a cheery photo of cut flowers to make today a bit brighter.

1 comment:

Emily said...

five hours of driving a day?! that's so miserable...even 45 minutes is more than i would put up with. every place i've worked has been close enough to ride my bike to. cars and i don't get along very well for the most part.

i'm definitely done with winter too! i've been pretending it's spring for a while now. sometimes it snows and ruins my life. beautiful flower photo!