Friday, February 13, 2009

Kitten, Flooding and Little House

This is a photo of one of the baby kitties I wrote about often last summer.  They aren't so tiny anymore.  The calico didn't make it but the two that look like this are thriving.  I have learned my lesson about naming the barn cats - finally.  Every time I name one they end up dead.  : (  Now they'll only get generic names like kitty or mama or tom cat.  


The meltdown and rain that followed has resulted in some heavy flooding in our area.  The golf course a few miles away is covered as are many roads.  I have to find a different route to get into work tomorrow because of the flooding.  
I'v been watching the first season of Little House on the Prairie on DVD lately.  I loved that show.  I used to read the books over and over as a kid.  I know it is only loosely based on the real story, but I would love it if life were really like the show.  Hey - I can dream.

1 comment:

Chantel said...

I used to watch and love Little House on the Prairie too :) Thanks for bringing back that memory for me!