Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Yesterday we had an early Easter party with Charlie's side of the family.  We all went over to Charlie's parent's place.  Charlie has one sister and one brother -- and they are both married and have kids.  I had 4 nieces and one nephew who were running around looking for plastic eggs.  I have good memories of doing that same thing as a child, although I remember getting a nickel or a couple of jelly beans inside when I found one.  These kids have it made -- Grandma gives them cold hard cash.  They are growing up so quickly.  Marina, the oldest, just got engaged!  She was still in junior high when I met Charlie.  I feel old.
I also wanted to throw in a photo of Lily the dog.  She is such a sweet dog.  Here she is begging for food after dinner.

Speaking of dinner, of course we had tons of food.  Mom-in-law always goes out of her way to make sure that I have something yummy to eat too (vegetarian).  She is always trying out new vegetarian dishes when she sees one in a magazine.  Yesterday was a southwestern pasta -- pasta and tomato sauce with corn, black beans, bell peppers and cheese.  It was quite good!  I just really appreciate all the effort she puts into cooking for me.
Overall, it was a very nice day.  The only thing that I disliked about the day was that my own Mother couldn't come out for a visit.  She has some very legitimate reasons why she couldn't come (family health issues) but I am still very sad.  Hopefully we can have our weekend together soon.
Happy Easter everybody!

No comments: