Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lovely day


Yesterday turned into a gorgeous day.  I was supposed to work all day but only 3 1/2 hours into my shift they told me I could leave.  It worked out perfectly.  I went to the laundromat and got the laundry out of the way.  Then I came home and hung out with the cat while some clothes dried on the line.
If you ever met Sassy you would know that she is really a sissy.  She gets scared by strangers and little barn kitties -- even the wind freaks her out.  She usually stays up by the door when I let her out (just in case she needs to run back inside).  I was so proud of her yesterday though.  She came all the way out to the clothesline then over to the side of the yard by the lilac bushes.  Oh, speaking of which...

Things are starting to come to life outdoors.  The lilacs are budding.  My starter plants are coming along nicely as well indoors.
Anyway, I was able to do some cleaning in the kitchen yesterday as well.  My mother is coming over to visit next weekend and I have a lot to do before she gets here.  The place is a mess and could use some spring cleaning.  My excuse is that all of the overtime I've been getting prevents me from cleaning (but it is just an excuse).

I also managed to cook up a gorgeous dinner last night.  Charlie had steak with onions and mushrooms and I had a veggie stir fry with vegetable mandoo (pot stickers) over rice.  I was excited because the rice turned out perfectly (I always struggle with either scorched rice on the bottom or not cooked enough).
I felt like I accomplished a lot for a Saturday -- although I missed out on all that overtime money.  I'm going to try to post later today as well -- I'm going to attempt to make butter today.

1 comment:

FlowerMomma said...

what a beautiful day! I wish I could have come for dinner! Can't wait to hear about the butter.