Friday, June 20, 2008

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

Today I got in to work only to find that they had granted my vacation day request.  I wish they had told me before I drove into town, but I guess I can't complain too much.  It is just gorgeous today.  I went down to Yasmeen's and bought some hummus to bring on vacation and then headed back home.  
I decided to take some wilted lettuce out to the chickens and cut some fresh lettuce out of the garden.  Those chickens just love green veggies!  Sometimes I'll stand out there and pick handfuls of grass for them because they have picked every last piece they can reach from the fence.  I took a few photos and got one that I just love!  
I also took a few in the garden....

Then I sat out in the sun a while and started sanding the varnish off of a shelf that I am going to re-finish.  Well, I'm gonna give it a try.
When I downloaded the photos into my computer I looked up from my desk and saw a deer across the field from where I was at earlier.  I love the country!  Now if only I could get all of my friends and family within 20 minutes of me (or vice versa)....

2 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

I love the pic of the chickens. I do miss the country life. I miss watching the storms roll in off the lake. I miss the breeze touching my face while sippin on lemonade and the air between my toes. I miss not having neighbors so close up my butt. Someday I will be in the country again. I hope you have a great vacation. :)

heidibelle said...

I love your photos. You are such a talented photographer. I also love the country. I have had a garden for awhile now and I love it. When we get to Mali I hope to get chickens too!