Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's what's for dinner

I got a good deal on some sweet corn at the store yesterday so we had some for dinner last night.  It isn't as good as the kind that grows on the farm, but it was still a nice treat.
I need to work on getting some seeds planted out in the garden soon.  It has been very wet here so I was trying to let things dry out a bit first.  Uncle Dave says that this time last year all the local farmers had all their crops planted by now (and this year they have barely started).  So, it looks like things could run a little behind schedule.
I have started seeds in a couple of those little mini green house trays with peat pellets.  Our season is just too short in Michigan to wait until May to plant peppers and tomatoes.

I'm hoping to spend some quality time with nature today.  We thought about going morel mushroom hunting today.  I'll share more about it if we do.

No comments: