Friday, May 29, 2009

Mama and the new batch

The black cat (with extra toes) has finally brought out her kittens.  I saw them for the first time this past weekend and only saw two at that time.  I got home from work tonight and was working in my garden (until after sundown) when I noticed that she actually has 4!!!  Uncle Dave has a cat door that goes into the barn so they can come and go freely but still have shelter when then need it.  He even placed a block under it so the babies can manage the climb a little easier.  Mama sat on the block tonight and all the kittens scrambled to get to her to nurse.  It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen.  She is a good mama.


She has two that kind of look like calicos, one tiger, and a black one.  Their papa is the orange and white tom cat (he lives down the road).  Looks like the cat food bill is going up this summer.

p.s.  One kitten kept falling off and took a little breather as seen in this lower photo.  I thought it was funny because it almost looks like the black kitten is sitting on her head.

No comments: