Sunday, January 31, 2010

A new member to the family


This handsome cat is the newest member to our family (seen here enjoying the happy chicken bones from last week).  A friend from work had to get rid of the cat because her husband didn't want it around.  It is an outdoor cat, but quite friendly.
I've felt bad for him this past week because he was cooped up in our pole barn all day and night.  It has been so cold out that I've kept him in there.  He was used to a heated garage with a spot he could come and go through as he pleased.  Yesterday and today I have been able to let him run around freely.  This week it is supposed to get up to 40 degrees, so I'm hoping to be able to let him out all week.
Anyway, he is an absolute sweetheart and he craves attention.  He needs a good name.  I'm open to suggestions if anyone has a good idea.
My Mom, Dad and Grandma came over yesterday to visit.  It was the first time Grandma had seen the house.  We had a nice day visiting.  I made some potato soup and some bread for a late lunch.  It was a very nice day.
That is about the extent of my excitement for the week.  I have another 58 hour week to work this week. I'm looking forward to some new seed catalogues to show up soon so I can begin ordering.  I am definitely ready for Spring.

No comments: